While traveling in India is safe and comfortable, it best
to take certain basic precautions. Luxury Indian Holidays
offers travel tips to make your journey to India smoother.
- Consult your doctor before you leave
to ensure that you have had any required vaccinations or
- Make copies of your passport, visa and
any important papers. Keep the copies separate from the
originals. For safety carry the originals with you at all
- The standard time in India is GMT + 5
- All international credit cards such as
Diners, American Express, Mastercard and Visa are accepted
in hotels, shops and tourist destinations.
- The weather in summer is very hot and
dry, across most of India. Remember to carry sunscreen,
goggles, and a hat or scarf.
- Water sold in sealed clear plastic bottles
is generally safe to drink. Look for established brand names
and check the seals of bottles before drinking.
- Standard voltage in India is 220 Volts.
You can bring an adaptor plug with you, or these can easily
be bought at any hardware store.
- Watch out for conmen or people posing
- Cyber cafes and Internet and phone kiosks
and are found all over India, so communication with family
and friends back home is not a problem. All hotels have
- Carry your essential medication with
you. Though doctors and chemists stores are easily available
brand names can differ and your specific brand of medication
may not be available.
- Exchange your money only from authorized
- Certain places of worship may not allow
foreign tourists to enter. Others may allow entry with certain
codes of conduct. Removing footwear, covering the head etc.
If you wish to enter religious shrines, dress modestly and
respect local customs.
- Some areas such as military sites, bridges
and airports may not permit photography
- If in any trouble, contact your embassy
or the nearest police station immediately.
Luxury Indian Holidays offers travel tips for tours to India.
For more information or to book a tour, please enter your
query in the form below.